The Dreaded Inbox

I consider myself the email queen. Whenever people ask about the best way to get in touch with me, I
always tell them to send me an email. I can get a lot accomplished via email and I let my clients know that this is my preferred method of communication. So why do I refer to it as the 'dreaded inbox'?

Well for as much as I can get done with email, it is also a huge time-suck and if I'm not careful, I will become a captive of my inbox by constantly checking it.

As of now, I open my email and allow myself to check it in the morning, in the afternoon, and again right before I shut down for the day. If I'm being totally honest, I also check it a few times in the evening and have been known to respond late at night to a client email. I stopped doing this a while ago but find myself slipping back into this bad old habit and as I write this, I'm putting an end to that right now.

Email management for me is something that I pride myself on and as a virtual assistant, is vital to my business and how I get things done, but I also know how easy it is to lose control. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with email: I love the convenience and ease of use as a business tool, but I hate the way I feel I have to constantly check it in order to ensure that I'm not missing anything.

The bottom line with email is I have to be sure to maintain control over it and not let the dreaded inbox control me!